top of page

propositions

Public·5 members

Where Can I Buy An Amex Gift Card In Person

Last night, I tried to purchase a Blu Ray DVD player from the Best Buy on Broadway just north of Houston. I paid for a portion of the player with my debit card, and for the other portion, I tried paying with three different American Express gift cards I was given as presents, all of which were purchased in California, one by a friend, one by my brother, and one by my father.

where can i buy an amex gift card in person

On Walmart.com, you can browse through four different varieties of American Express gift card in different designs and denominations. You can also visit any Walmart location in person to purchase an American Express gift card there. Gift cards are typically found close to the registers and self checkout.

When purchased online, these gift cards come with a small percentage fee of about 13%. This means that when you purchase a $25 gift card, you will actually be charged $28.44 in addition to whatever you pay for shipping and handling.

Most AmEx gift cards come ready to use and do not require activation. So, you can simply visit your nearest Walmart, start shopping, and then pay with your gift card during checkout the same way you would with a credit or debit card.

The only item sold at Walmart that you cannot pay for using a gift card is another gift card. Aside from this, you can use an American Express gift card to purchase just about anything for sale at Walmart or on Walmart.com.

Aside from random gift card purchases for birthdays or teacher gifts, some people also go out of their way to buy gift cards with a credit card, usually to earn rewards or save money on a specific purchase.

Buying gift cards in person is a breeze regardless of how you decide to pay. When you buy a gift card with a credit card in person, you simply bring the gift card to the register and choose credit as your form of payment.

The scene is similar when you buy a gift card online and pay with a credit card. If you want to buy an Amazon.com gift card online, for example, you would simply head to Amazon.com and select whether you want a gift card mailed to you, one you can print at home or a gift card via email. From there, you add the gift card to your online cart and proceed to the payment page as normal.

Just make sure you pick the right type of rewards credit card for your gift card purchases. Some rewards credit cards only let you earn cash back, while others offer flexible rewards or points you can use in a specific airline or hotel program.

As a side note, buying gift cards from small businesses can also be a helpful move if you are looking for a way to help small businesses recover from the economic impact of COVID-19. By buying gift cards now, you can send businesses some much-needed cash and wait to redeem your gift card for goods or services at a later date.

Generally speaking, gift cards code as a cash advance when you buy them directly from a financial institution or when you buy a prepaid card instead of a gift card. However, you can get around this by buying gift cards within your normal shopping, such as in your weekly grocery haul at the supermarket.

You can also get around dealing with surprise cash advance fees by asking retailers if their gift cards code as a cash advance or purchase before you buy, or you can call your card issuer and ask them to turn off cash advances on your card altogether.

The best credit cards to use for gift cards are ones that let you rack up as much in rewards as you possibly can. With that being said, you should choose a credit card for gift cards carefully and based on the type of rewards you hope to earn.

Why this card is ideal for gift cards: Use this card for gift card purchases made at office supply stores in order to earn 5 percent back on up to $25,000 spent each account anniversary year.

Why this card is ideal for gift cards: This card lets you earn 4 percent back on gift cards purchased at gas stations, up to annual limits. Costco.com and Costco stores also offer a broad selection of gift cards you could earn 2 percent back on, including gift cards offered at a discounted rate.

All information about The Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express, Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi and Target Redcard has been collected independently by Bankrate and has not been reviewed or approved by the issuer.

A frequent target of Amex crackdowns has been gift card purchases. Many people buy gift cards (to be used eventually at stores they frequent) to help meet a minimum spending requirement, but Amex has explicitly forbidden this practice for a while. Now, Doctor of Credit is reporting that the prohibition on gift cards has been expanded to regular everyday points earning. Many Amex cards now feature a section in their terms and conditions describing what constitutes an "eligible purchase" for the purpose of earning points. The screenshot below was taken from the American Express Gold Card and clearly indicates that purchasing a gift card does not count as an eligible purchase, and therefore won't earn any points.

After many years of offering increasing bonuses and perks to attract new customers, card issuers are changing their approach and focusing more on attracting and retaining customers who will be valuable in the long term. You absolutely should not buy gift cards on an Amex to meet your minimum spending requirement, but if you frequently buy gift cards for other reasons it might be time to start looking for a different card to put these purchases on. Be sure to check out TPG's list of top cards for everyday spending and best cards for grocery purchases if you need some new options in your wallet.

I am totally new to this whole entire gift card deal so this would be my FIRST Time. I am currently being offered a $10 rebate for a $200 purchase on two of my different AMEX cards.(green and a Starwood). It says offer only valid through americanexpress.com/gift. When I go to this portal it says a $200 card will cost be $3.95. So if I buy a card for 203.95-10=193.95 and I would be able to use a $200 card for a net profit to me of $6.05 and earn miles of the one AMEX card I use. Am I reading all of this right? Am I instead suppose to get though one of these rebate portals instead? HELP!!

So if im looking at this right. 2000 amex giftcard @ 1.5% is 30-3.95, giving me 26.05 cash back. Then I go to my local 7-11 (Assuming i can use them) and buy 4 x 500 visa vanillas to load redbird @ 44.95. So in total I will make 6.25 to liquidate the Amex? This of course doesnt include the shipping as I would have a 3 month free trial @ amex.

Are these the steps?1. I need an Amex account to buy the gift cards.2. Use the portal TCB to go to Amex to buy the gift cards for 2% back and 3% on my Discover?3. I get the Amex Gift card and go to a local retailer like Krogers and use the Amex card to buy a Visa Gift Card.4. I set up a pin on the Visa Gift card. Then I take the Visa Gift Card to Walmart and use it to load my Bluebird account.

UPDATE 8/21/2015: Amex has changed their terms for portal cash back. They now only allow cash back for gift card denominations of $200 and below. As long as this restriction is in place there is no good reason to buy Amex gift cards through portals. We will leave this post in place, though, in the hopes that the restrictions will be lifted sometime in the near future.

A: Yes. For example, when the Alaska MileagePlan portal offered 3 miles per dollar for Amex gift cards, you could have earned those 3 miles per dollar in addition to rewards earned automatically by your credit card.

Maybe. Portals introduced language to that effect early in 2015. At this point I recommend buying cards in denominations of $2,000 or less. Please see this post for more details: $2K denomination limit on Amex gift card cash back.

I have tried twice today to purchase amex gift cards through the top cashback portal. Amex has sent me an email twice saying my order has been declined because they cannot verify my order information. Capital One says the issue is not coming from them. Ideas? I dont want to raise flags.

No. You can only use cash or debit cards at stores such as Walmart and Family Dollar. Often it is possible to use Visa gift cards as debit cards for this purpose. So, what I do is:1. Buy Amex gift cards to get cash back and earn credit card rewards from the purchase.2. Use Amex gift cards to buy Visa gift cards3. Use Visa gift cards to load REDbird, Bluebird, or Serve in-store

Have you heard of individuals being banned from buying Amex gift cards? My purchase triggered a financial review and although my review cleared, I am now unable to buy Amex gift cards online. Have you heard about how long these bans last?

At the very end of the T&C ( -cards/terms-and-conditions.html) states that I can request a refund before using the gift card. However, does asking for a check refund (as the recipient of the GF) incur a fee? Also, is there any limit on such refund.

So I have experimented using AA Business through Citi and I have not been charged as a cash advance twice. Anyone else have any similar stories to business cards being treated differently than personal cards?

Thanks. Still not sure exactly what happened. Amex credit said the charge was approved, but then the gift card order was declined. After a few days, the charge went away, and I was successful in my next attempt.

However i can log into the Barclays reward boost portal using my NFL extra points credit card from barclays , and can link in to purchase amex gift cards, will i still earn the 4points/$ from the portal if i place an amex order

I used my Amex card to pay for a gift card purchase through Barclays rewards boost and when I asked about my points, the rep said that I had to use my barclays card in order to earn points. Do you know if this is a new change? or has your experience been different?

I have three old school amex prepaid card. I wonder how I can load money in it with any cc related methods. There is only one choice under my account, which is bank transfer. Also VR and MP are mostly not allowed to buy with cc. Any idea? 041b061a72

• About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

bottom of page